If you are a true sea glass lover, someone who revels in discovering that elusive piece of sea glass on the beach, you are, most likely, also a sea glass purist, a person who appreciates the mystique and value of naturally occurring sea glass.
A sea glass purist is not, as some might suggest, a sea glass snob. It’s simply that a sea glass purist knows the attributes of real sea glass and does not accept imitations.
Here are 7 reasons to purchase authentic sea glass jewelry:
- It has value that will only increase as its supply diminishes.
- It cannot be replicated by artificial means.
- It is not mass produced.
- It is truly “one of a kind.”
- It has a history, a story.
- It is not altered, reshaped, artificially etched or colorized.
- It is naturally tumbled in the ocean for many years, not in a rock tumbler in someone’s garage.
Fortunately, there are reputable sea glass jewelers, like Sea Glass Jewelry by Jane, who as members of NASGA (North American Sea Glass Association) pledge to use authentic sea glass in their jewelry designs, making it so much easier for the sea glass purist to have a worry free shopping experience. Trust your sea glass jeweler!