- Show It Off: Wear your sterling silver sea glass jewelry often. The natural oils your body produces actually slow the oxidation process that causes the sterling silver to tarnish.
- Wash It: Clean your jewelry occasionally with a brief soak in mild liquid detergent and water. You can use a soft toothbrush to gently scrub the sea glass. Thoroughly dry your jewelry with a clean soft cotton cloth.
- Store It Properly: Store your sea glass jewelry in a closed jewelry box or in a bureau drawer away from sunlight to prevent or minimize tarnish. Cool, dry places are best for jewelry storage. Extreme heat and humidity will increase the rate of oxidation and produce tarnish. We provide an anti-tarnish storage bag with all jewelry purchases.
- Protect It: Avoid contact with harsh household cleaners, especially anything with chlorine bleach, an ingredient in many household cleansers.
- Never Wear It In the Pool: The chlorine in swimming pools is the enemy of sterling silver and may cause immediate tarnish.
- Never Spray Anything On It: Apply perfumes, body lotions, suntan lotions, hair products, etc. before donning your jewelry.
- Never Wear It To Bed: Remove your jewelry (except for rings) before you retire for the evening. This avoids any stress caused by bending the silver connections which could eventually lead to breakage.
Remember these 7 tips (4 dos and 3 don’ts) and your beautiful sterling silver jewelry should last a lifetime. Enjoy!
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”