SEPTEMBER, 2016 UPDATE! Found yet another sea glass festival to add, this one in Long Beach Island, NJ, October 1 & 2. See our guide below.
UPDATE! Just discovered three more summer sea glass festivals, one in Rhode Island at Misquamicut Beach, one in Point Pleasant Beach on the Jersey Shore and one in Ashtabula, Ohio! I’ve added these to the list below.
The second half of the 2016 sea glass festival season in full swing! There are, at this count, at least nine festivals this summer and fall celebrating the aura surrounding sea glass.
Every year it seems that more major sea glass events pop up, meaning that sea glass continues to be a trending topic.
Already this year eight sea glass festivals have taken place so you can expect that in 2017 there will be as many as sixteen festivals in the US celebrating the love of sea glass from coast to coast and even in Hawaii!
Check our list to see if there is a sea glass festival coming to a location near you!
Have a bountiful sea glass summer!
- June 25 and 26, Ashtabula, Ohio: Ashtabula Harbor Beach Glass Festival Ashtabula Harbor Beach Glass Festival
- June 25 and 26, Lewes, Delaware: Mid-Atlantic Sea Glass & Coastal Arts Festival at the Cape May-Lewes Ferry Terminal Mid-Atlantic Sea Glass & Coastal Arts Festival
- August 13, Westerly, Rhode Island: Sea Glass Festival, RI at the Windjammer Surf Bar, Mariner Room, Misquamicut Beach to benefit local Westerly charities
- August 26 and 27, Ocean City, Maryland: North American Sea Glass Association Sea Glass Festival at the Roland E. Powell Convention Center Glass North American Sea Glass Festival
- September 10 and 11, Santa Barbara, California: Santa Barbara Sea Glass & Ocean Arts Festival at the Earl Warren Showgrounds Santa Barbara Sea Glass & Ocean Arts Festival
- October 1 and 2, Long Beach Island, New Jersey: LBI Sea Glass & Art Festival, 406 Long Beach Blvd, LBI, NJ Sea Glass & Art Festival
- October 8 and 9, Hyannis, Massachusetts: Northeast Sea Glass Expo, The Resort & Conference Center North East Sea Glass Expo
- November 5 and 6, Santa Cruz, California: Santa Cruz Sea Glass & Ocean Arts Festival at Cocoanut Grove on the Boardwalk, Santa Cruz Sea Glass & Ocean Arts Festival