From sea to shining sea, sea glass fans from the world over will celebrate their fascination with sea glass, eager to explore its mysteries and better understand its allure.
Last year there were a record number (by my count 18) sea glass themed festivals and 2018 has been a very busy festival season as well!
Each year there are more sea glass converts and more sea glass themed shows. So if sea glass is your passion, and especially if you are a sea glass “newbie,” here is your 2018 Sea Glass Festival Guide.
Round up your sea glass friends, choose your destination and make a “bucket list” trip to the sea glass festival near you! Here is a list of the remaining Sea Glass Festivals schedule for 2018. There are still six left as of today, August 11!
2018 Sea Glass Festival Guide
- September 29 and 30, Ship Bottom, New Jersey: Long Beach Island Sea Glass & Ocean Arts Festival
- October 27 and 28, Wildwood, New Jersey: North American Sea Glass Festival
- November 3 and 4: Santa Cruz, California: Santa Cruz Sea Glass and Ocean Art Festival
- Saturday, November 17, Salisbury, Massachusetts: Annual Coastal Arts Festival
- December 1 and 2, Portland, Maine: Northeast Sea Glass Holiday Expo
Sea Glass Festivals that have already taken place are listed below. You might expect some of these events to be scheduled for the same time frame in 2019 but double check before you make your plans!
- February 17, Melbourne Beach, Florida: Ocean Treasures & Sea Glass Festival
- March 9, 10, 11, Cayucos, California: Cayucos Sea Glass Festival
- March 21-25, Bogue Banks, North Carolina: International Beach Combing Conference
- April 7 and 8, St. Michael’s Maryland: Eastern Shore Sea Glass & Coastal Arts Festival
- April 14 and 15, Buffalo, New York: Buffalo Beach Glass And Coastal Arts Festival
- May 5 and 6, Seabrook, New Hampshire: The Northeast Sea Glass Expo
- June 10, Misquamicut, Rhode Island: Annual Misquamicut Sea Glass Festival, Windjammer Surf Bar
- June 23 and 24, Lewes, Delaware: Mid Atlantic Sea Glass & Coastal Arts Festival
- June 23 and 24, Ashtabula, Ohio: Ashtabula Harbor Beach Glass Festival
- July 21 and 22, Berwick, Nova Scotia, Canada: Sea To Shore Sea Glass Festival
- July 28 and 29, Souris, Prince Edward Island, Canada: Mermaid Tears Sea Glass Festival
- September 8 and 9, Santa Barbara, California: Santa Barbara Sea Glass & Ocean Arts Festival
The International Beach Combing Conference is not usually held at the same location each year, and the Buffalo Beach Glass and Coastal Arts Festival will not come around again until 2020. The Great Lakes Beach Glass & Coastal Arts Festival is planned for the May 4 and 5, 2019 in Erie, Pennsylvania.
Again, I welcome information about any new sea glass shows that are planned and will update this list accordingly.
Sea Glass Jewelry by Jane has “retired” from the show circuit, but if you can’t wait to find the sea glass jewelry designs of your dreams, we welcome you to visit our fully stocked online sea glass jewelry boutique for a unique selection of sea glass necklaces, sea glass earrings and sea glass bracelets, all made with pure, unadulterated sea glass that is always authentic and always in style!
Cheerio! Enjoy your sea glass journey!